New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
24,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get the injectors / fuel rail out of the LIM? I have the wiring harness off, and the fuel rail loose, but the assembly doesn't seem to want to pull out of the LIM. Each injector being angled in, from opposite sides, it won't pull straight up. Is there a trick I'm missing?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
nope. just pull up with even pressure on the fuel rail, the injectors will pop out

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
i hope you didn't forget the bolts....
He mentioned he already had the fuel rail loose.

I would "suspect" that means the bolts are removed but it is still attached to the top of the injectors.

~~~

As for removal. Increasing pressure and some lateral movement is a good way to "pop" the injectors out.

If you are re-using the old O-rings then just lubing them in a petroleum jelly is fine for re-installation.

If you are installing new O-rings then letting them soak in brake fluid over night is a great way to help to prep them for installation.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: DemonSVT
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
i hope you didn't forget the bolts....
He mentioned he already had the fuel rail loose.

I would "suspect" that means the bolts are removed but it is still attached to the top of the injectors.

~~~

As for removal. Increasing pressure and some lateral movement is a good way to "pop" the injectors out.

If you are re-using the old O-rings then just lubing them in a petroleum jelly is fine for re-installation.

If you are installing new O-rings then letting them soak in brake fluid over night is a great way to help to prep them for installation.
whoa my bad. still drunk on eggnog. I'll be installing my SVT LIM soon and I know i'll probably have the same problem.

Mike

·
Administrator
24,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks, guys. I just didn't want to break anything...

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
I will be installing mine soon too. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
now that we know how to take them off, how do you put these suckers back on? I took off the fuel rail to clean my SVT LIM, and when I tried putting it back on, the injectors wouldn't pop into their holes all the way, and when I popped one side in, the other side would pop out. I couldn't get the rail flush with the manifold to put the bolts back in either.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts