New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I just take a solder gun and melt the plastic pins on the back?

what about when I put them back on?

basically i plan on fiberglassing cloth inserts, then putting them back on....

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
When we did mine, we just drilled the plastic things out and then I think we used headlight sealent to put them back in. If you want to try I think Top Shop uses something to allow them to be screwed in (I think metal clips or something).

·
Registered
334 Posts
you can also use self tapping screws as well....lords fusor....or contact top shop and ask for pics of their set up.....basically a bolt fused to the panel that goes through the hole you just drilled out then put on a washer and a nut to tighten it down.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tips... i think i'm going to go with the putting bolts in the inserts and just tightening them down from the back....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just get a strong adhesive for the bolt to the inserts...lords fusor will work wonders for ya.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i was going to do the same thing puck ... remove my inserts and fiberglass em ... i was thinking close to what they're saying but a lil differen.t
I was going to try to find small bolts with an almost flat top. Someones gotta make em. I'd drill them through prior to glasssing, and then glass over them so i know they're def. in. Then yes, i'd use a nut and washer and tighten it up. But that adhesive from behind sounds like a really good idea as well. That way there is no chance in breaking the glass if u tighten too much or having to worry about getting it smooth. =) i'd say def. go with the bolt idea ... let me know how it works for you.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Pierre... you're a dumb a$$! You were just at my house yesterday and didn't even bother to ask me!! You know I did mine.

Yeah, just drill the plastic welds. I used a nice forstner bit set for a perfect circle drilling. When putting them back together, I globbed Automotive Goop on the weld spots and let it dry overnight... BAM! Strong as nails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.