New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok dont really know what to call them but that little bit of plastic on the airvent that alot of people paint. the little piece on top of the air vent. i want to paint these just dont want to do it in the car.
thanks casey

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
The 1 on the driver's side and the 2 in the middle are connected to the dash shroud. That's easy enough to figure out once you pull the whole thing out. The one on the passenger side is a little trickier. You need 2 thin screwdrivers that go into 2 slots inside the vent ~the bottom left and right sides. Then you either push up or down (forget which) and pull and it pops out... Might take a little persuasion.. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
okay to make you life a little easy, which im sure your next question is how do i take apart my dash well here you GO!, for the passengers side vent there are two tabs located @ 5 and 7 o'clock i beleive, when i did this i took the glove compartment off, theres two or 3 screws undewrneath and it kinda slides out in a weird way, easy to take off, best bet is to flash a light towards the vent area, there are also a few links on takin that off, in case what vodfan and myself said wasnt much help, that and the center console was the 2 biggest paints to do. Note dont worry about ruining the dashboard vinyl rubber thingy, that pops back in case, i too was skeptical... heres you final product, probably with differenct colors, i just did mine about 2 weeks ago and love it

any questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
334 Posts
Also, what paint did you use? It looks awesome!

Thanks,
Jonathan Baker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.