New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the rubber of the winshield wiper came loose and the metal arm was rubbing on the winshield for a little while, basically it left a mark across the outside route of the drivers side blade. How hard is this to remove

Thanks

Colin

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Having a small "road rock" "accidently fall from a moving truck on the interstate" and "put a crack in your windshield" so your insurance company replaces it for free.

What I would not do however, is simulate that situation by going out in your driveway, picking up a small rock, and throwing it at your windshield causing a chip and crack. Then your insurance company would think that a rock hit your car while you were driving through a construction zone, or it fell from a truck, causing the problem...and replace the windhsield. See that would be insurance fraud, and I would NEVER suggest that...even though people do it every day and get away with it clean....I still wouldn't do that.

(((NOTE: I wouldn't do that because my windshield is not scratched.)))

(((NOTE PART II: Read between the lines.)))

(((NOTE PART III: Not literally.)))

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah...try the Fett thing. I worked for PPG Ind. and we made aftermarket windshields. The scratch will not buff out. Sometimes we used a buffing wheel on a drill to buff very light scratches. But you need this special brown talc for that and you take a chance of burning a spot and causing distortion. Get a new one if its that bad.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually Fett I am an insurance agent and that wouldn't work, well in Ontario anyway, because it would be subject to a deductible. Mine is $300

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yet another reason to hate Canada. ;)

I know in Florida it is a covered item, insurance companies are required to replace a cracked windshield with no deductable.

·
Registered
593 Posts
In Florida the windshield is always replaced or repaired without any charge. In Kentucky and South Carolina any piece of glass on the car your deductible is waived. Everywhere else you can hope for free repairs, but won't get free replacement, you'll still pay your deductible. I worked at safelite for like 3 weeks taking claim calls for insurance companies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.