New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my Wings West commando spoiler, and the stock holes plus two other ones are now exposed. I plan on getting the holes filled then the deck lid repainted, but I can't find the time to drop off the car anytime soon. My question is, should I just tape over the holes in the mean time? Do you think that electric tape will keep water out in case it rains? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
i used vinyl tire patches that i got at walmart for about $1. they held up alot better than the electrical tape did

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
do not use silicone b/c it will be a pain in the ass to scrape out when the body shop wleds the holes shut. Also any silicone and the new paint going on that trunk lid will not jive. Just use duct tape it is going to seal it up and you probally already have some.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Or you could go to a vynil shop around you a get little vynil circles to cover the holes for now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
When I removed my spoiler, I just cut about 1" dia. circles out of clear vinyl tape. They did not show, but kept the interior dry.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I used an air mattress repair kit. I just cut circles out of the patches and put them over the holes. Make sure you are committed to this before you drill more holes for a different spoiler because it is freakin expensive to have them patched and repainted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts