New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 Cougar as have to remove the driver side headlight cover (clear plastic cover on the outside) to clean out moisture and hopefully fix the sealing problem..Anybody done this before?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Tons of us have done this mod.....it's not near as hard as most will say.....There is a how to on Team Neco ...helps out ALOT!!!....if you have any other question bout it, either pm me or post it here.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't find it..I could be retarded..(which is probably the case) could you do a cut and paste for me loyality? THANKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I don't think it'll let me post the actual link due to the way the site is set up......just click "how to's" then click "exterior" then click "paint headlights" just use the part that envolves cracking the headlights open........

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically you have to remove the 6-8 clips, then remove the seal, and then slowly and gentle remove the plastic outside cover? Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Pop off the clips, remove the black weatherstripping slowly, and then pry the headlights apart with whatever you have. When you go to put them back together, take out all of the old silicone, slather tons of fresh silicon all over, and then seal them tightly, hold them together for a while then let them dry 24 hours.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
You don't have to necessarily let them dry for that long....I just pu tmine right back in, and had no problems.......but yeah thats how you do it......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.