New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how to take off the passenger side door off a 2000 cougar, and then how to install a new one. I have the new door ready to install, I just don't know how to remove the old one. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
well also remember you need to pull all of the wiring out of the old door and reinsert into the new door

·
Registered
297 Posts
When I was merged into I bought a used door off of ebay (my same color thank god) It was just the shell and i had to replace all the window tracks/motor/lock/window/handle it took me forever to do it. And when I got the door back on it didnt line up properly and it rubbed against the fender when opening. After its on it needs to be aligned and thats the biggest PIA ever because you have so much crap to mess with (not just the striker) So I got it aligned at a local shop for 100 dollars. Removing the door is very easy, getting it back on isnt just twist off the electrical connecting and ubolt the door in the hinge and make sure youre strong enough so it doesnt hit the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.