New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search, and all i can seem to find a how to on this... so im hoping someone can help me out.

simple question really... for someone thats done this already,
how do you remove the top of the mtx shifter? (so i can put one of those nice flashy aftermarket ones on :) )
im just curious... does it just pull or twist off with some force? or are theres screws? i looked at it today, and thought 'hmm, i better ask the boards before i accendently 'F' this one up' :)

thanks all!

G

·
It's very simple theres a zip tie holding the leather boot on cut that push it down the shift knob its self just screws off. Once you have the knob off all the piece for the reverse thing all just pull right off so you won't have to mess with it anymore. If you want to take it a step further you can make it a short shifter by just takeing a hack saw to it, this is what I did just cut about 4 inches off of the shaft and bam a free short shifter. hope this helps.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh yes, this is what ive heard (about the short throw mod)

so the knob itself just screws off? simple as that?
do i really NEED to cut the tie that holds the boot on? im just looking at changing the knob...

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
do i really NEED to cut the tie that holds the boot on? im just looking at changing the knob...
I wouldn't think so. Just turn the knob counter-clockwise. It is very tight at first but it will go eventually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts