New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a moment to remember a great Canadian this Halloween day. I still find it hard to fathom that we lost a superb young man who was likely destined for great things in the Champ Car series and beyond. This October 31st marks 8 years since his passing back in 1999. Greg was a guy I became an instant fan of when he burst onto the Champ Car scene back in '96 and it wasn't long before he was far and away my favorite driver. And what was not to like? He was clearly gifted, mature beyond his years, and a genuine caring young man who kept himself grounded and represented our country so well on the world stage when CART was the best open wheel racing series in the world. Racing just has never been the same for me after that tragic day on October 31st, 1999. Greg was an original and the pain of his loss will always be felt. ....the fastest man from Maple Ridge.

RED GLOVES RULE! See Ya Up Front!

Greg Moore: April 22, 1975 - October 31, 1999

·
3L Roush
4,387 Posts
It was definitely a great time for open-wheel racing in North America. I mean, just look back at some of the names in CART during those years: Zanardi, Franchitti, Andretti, Montoya, Unser, etc.

Same goes for the teams: Ganassi, Penske, Forsythe, Newman/Haas, etc.

Those were definitely the good times.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It was definitely a great time for open-wheel racing in North America. I mean, just look back at some of the names in CART during those years: Zanardi, Franchitti, Andretti, Montoya, Unser, etc.

Same goes for the teams: Ganassi, Penske, Forsythe, Newman/Haas, etc.

Those were definitely the good times.
Bobby Rahal, Gil de Ferran, Max Papis, Christian Fittipaldi, Scott Pruett, so many good drivers that went on with great success.

It's never been the same since then. I wonder what Gregs Career would be like today if that Accident never happened. :(

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Don't forget "The thrill from West Hill" - Paul Tracey, and even Jacques Villeneuve. Both CART champions.

Even F1 great Nigel Mansell spent some time with Newman Haas.

Champ car is still fun to watch though....Much better then Indy Car. Kalkhoven and Tony George should really set their ego's aside and unite the two series again, and make IndyCART a real world player again.

Hats off to Greg Moore. He was a true Canadian ambassador to motorsport.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts