New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to relocate just the cd player faceplate with cd players that have detachable ones. I have been wanting to do this for a long time and I checked with a local stereo shop and they said you would need to probably get some ribbon cable and solder each individual wire to the oppropriate one. i am very hesitant about this. i didn't know if like some cd player manufacturer made a cable for this purpose.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
This has been done quite a few times.... LukyDogg being the first person that comes to mind. Look up his name in the search and use the link for the website to see some of the pictures of his set up. You'll just need a ribbon that is soldered to each connection individually, and you may need to bypass the attachment sensor, too.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I just wired the faceplate in the map light opening. Kinda cheap and simple.
Then Gary made a fiberglass mold to house it in a more custom look. A very professional job.
Ive been reloacting the plates in many different applications, mostly in marine use. Nothing to it, just patience and a steady hand. Old Thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.