New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the armrest come apart as easily as the rest of the interior so that I can recover it?
I just redid the whole interior in black and that grey armrest just looks out of place.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The armrest is a part of the entire piece that covers the shifter. If you take out your ashtray there are two philips screws behind there. Take them out, then pop off the square piece over the lighter. Then unscrew the three philips screws in the bottom of the compartment under the armrest. The piece should then be free (if I'm not forgetting any screws). The tricky part now is getting it over the e-brake and the shifter. You'll figure it out once you get it free.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think Daywalker is just talkin about the arm rest in the middle console..
i took mine off to get it reupholstered but havent gotten to it yet... it seems pretty straight forward tho... just take the backing off and you should be there.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
That's what I was talking about, but if he just means the top cover then you just unscrew the hinge thing. Sorry, I was too thorough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.