New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, on 1/28, wednesday, in the wonderful weather we had here, my girlfriend was out driving her cougar when a snow plow backed into her, $6006.17 worth of damage to her car, car's worth 7500, so therefore im guessing her cars totalled...... one less melina blue cougar in the world..... pics included now that i got a digi cam to use..... figured i would vent about how much snow plows SUCK!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear about her bad luck.

And let me be the first to ask for something.....if it is totaled, would she be willing to sell me her center console? :)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
wow. that really, really does suck. is the city going to pay for it because it was one of their snowplows? or do they not know for sure if it was a snowplow, so you cant have them pay for it? if so, that would really really really suck even more. good luck with all that man.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, I can't see why the city shouldn't pay for it...no matter how much it costs compared to value.

·
Registered
884 Posts
that totally sucks. I dont wanna sound like a hound, but i do need the clips the visors clip into and the headliner. GL with the city!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
YEOUCH!!!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Doiesn't look like 6500 damage... take a check but aftermarket hood, body kit, z3's and have her reapinted. and still have 2 k or so left over, unless the frame is bent but doesn't look like it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Wow, doesn't take long for $6000 worth of damage to add up! Sorry to hear that!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i would have guessed more then 6500....looks like your door has been poped out a bit too unless it isnt shut...looks like a dent in the quarter too? who knows what kinda damage to the engine compartment structure..fender, hood, light..did it crack the windshield too??...man that reallly sucks..where the heck where you parked when he hit you??

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
i have a hard time believing that its over 6k, but then again if you cant fix it yourself which includes 99% of the population, then a body shop costs a fortune.
just for some sort of thing to compare to, this was my car when i got it, cost about 3k to fix. entirely diff rear half.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Ouch - it doesn't look like $6K of damage, but look what needs to be replaced:
-Hood
-Fender
-Headlight
-Door

Then, notice how the stock intake is broken? That means the part of the frame that the fender bolts to is bent, so that needs to be replaced.

If they total the car, hook me up with the driver's side mirror!!! ;)

-Nick

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Is this car an V6/I4 ATX/MTX?

If they total it out: Tell the insurance Company you want to buy it back. I will BUY it from you. I need another cougar for some projects.

Please PM me at your earliest convience.

Kenneth

S

·
0 Posts
Angled hits at the unibody are always a *****. I can actually see the 6k in damage (w/ labor and all).

Sorry dude.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they said the frame is severely bent from what the initial estimate from the body shop says, there is also motor damage, one of the motor mounts snapped off of the motor and did some nice damage there, and this wasnt a snow plow for the city, she was driving and some @$$hole in a John Deere Front End Loader with a plow flew out of a driveway he was plowing and BAM that was the accident..... he was issued like 4 tickets for it

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
well at least the bill wont be on your A$$...hope no one was hurt..so i guess it looks like they are gonna right her off then eh??that much damage has to be near enough the replacement cost...sadly anyway..i hope the coug holds a high blue book in your neighbourhood..when my POS beater that i paid 1500 got smoked by a drunk driver head on the insurance gave me 3 times what i paid for it so that worked out for me...i hope this all works out for you too..

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Ugh, snowplows certainly like to cause trouble. That's the reason for the snow ordinance in my neighborhood... a whopping $10 ticket if you park on the road after 11pm ;)

I would rather hear someone's car getting hit like that than the occasional "let's play chicken with a snowplow and see who wins" stories that happen usually like once a winter.

As much as I love the cougar, I do miss the safety of my jeep. Man, that thing took a head on into a guard rail like a champ! I am afraid to see what would happen if that happened in the cougar!! If only everyone actually paid attention while driving, the majority of these stories would never have happened.

-Pat- -ReToM7-

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you what happens if you block a snowplow in my neighborhood... nobody does it any more, so I can't get a picture for you, but if one of the plows finds you, he will push ALLLLLLLL of the snow around and on your car. Happened to me once, thank god I still had the Jeep, cause I just had to shovel the stuff from in front of me and my door. But, others have been there for hours shoveling. I think it's funny, but not if you don't get to it right away and it melts a bit and becomes a solid block of ice the next day... hahahaha

-Pat- -ReToM7-

1 - 20 of 25 Posts