New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey raise your hand if you don't have a rear windshield wiper! *raises hand* . . . i don't know if it is a normal thing to not have one . . . but i don't and i kinda wish i did . . . anyone else not have one . . . ?

-Josh

-I didn't know where to post this message so feel free to move it

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
did you get it shaved? or what happened to it??
ive never heard of a cougar not having a rear windshild wiper...

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I don't have a rear wiper either.

For the 99 model year, Mercury offered certain option packages (Sport, Comfort, Convenience, etc)...That might have changed for later models.

One of the packages included a rear wiper, keyless entry, and cruise control. I decided not to get it when I ordered my Cougar.

~CIII

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I love my rear wiper!! When it snows, turn on the front and rear wipers, use my power windows, and boom, the snow's cleared 'nuff for me to drive :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
sounds like you either pay a crap load of money to get one installed, or you go without.

i love mine, well, mainly the spray nozzle.... that thing can shoot at least 20 feet back :naughty:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by: cougar11190
i love mine, well, mainly the spray nozzle.... that thing can shoot at least 20 feet back
seriosly mine just runs down on the hatch thats it ......is mine clogged or do you have a turbo charger hooked up to yours lol
Lol... Yeah, mine just dribbles out too. I thought for a while mine might of been clogged or something.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
You could go to a junk yard, find a wrecked cougar with front end damage, and swap hatches, then just have the new one painted to match. Of course, you would have to get the entire electronics from it too.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
the rear washer is not supposed to shoot out.... it should dribble out instead

if it did shoot out, how do you imagine using the rear washer on your car while driving down the expressway?

·
Administrator
11,732 Posts
Just give the rear window a healthy coating of Rain-X or similar rain repelling treatment. That's what I do since the rear window is at just the right angle where rain wont run off on it's own.

I like the clean look without the wiper assembly.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I replaced all my wiper nozzles with the chrome cobra eyes, disconnected the LED of course, and the rear is pretty much useless now because it comes out with alot more force.

Mine does spray maybe 10 - 15 feet back, but I angled the nozzle up as much as i could. It didnt hit the glass anyway when it was in the lowest position.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My hand is raised!

I called trying to get numbers for a rear window wiper...Ford said that it'd START at $1,000 with a new trunklid.

I want one really badly...backing up when it's been raining and dark out is a [censored]!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wouldnt mind taking mine off for the summer...(watch it rain all the time now)...I dont use mine anywase cause I dont want the blade to develop those windshield lines...any quick and easy suggestions on how to take the blade and motor out....I havent really looked at it...so just tell me if its straight forward if I were to take a look....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.