New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a how to on how to change the position of the rear window wiper. I want it at the bottom instead of the side

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the window wiper goes down to the bottom when it turns on so why isn't there a way to start it from there

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Well you could always relocate the whole assembly to the other side of the window then rotate it 90 degrees counter-clockwise before mounting the assembly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh i was talking to a friend of mine at a body shop and he said that you can just take the entire wiper arm off and reposition it to the bottom and it will stay there and go up to the side when you turn it on.....no messing with the gearing

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: 1fstcoug
oh i was talking to a friend of mine at a body shop and he said that you can just take the entire wiper arm off and reposition it to the bottom and it will stay there and go up to the side when you turn it on.....no messing with the gearing
If you just move the arm itself and not touch anything else the only thing that will happen is your wiper will wipe the water off your trunk rather than off the glass...

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: 1fstcoug
Ummm.... your friend needs to seriously take a physics and a few mechanical engineering courses :biggrin: The gearing only moves in one set motion, and you'd have to reverse it and relocate to make it do what you want.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
so wait, let me get this straight... you actually use your rear wiper?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Is your intent to minimize the appearance of the rear wiper?

For those live in a cold climate, the rear wiper is a necessity, no mater what it looks like!

I had a Ford Probe that had a rear wiper at the bottom. The problem I had with the wiper moving up is that if the hatch window was covered with heavily snow, the wiper had to stain to push the snow up. After a few blown fuses, I found it was best to brush the snow off before starting the wiper. So I was glad to see that my Cougar (made in the same plant as my Probe) had the wiper in the up position. That way it could push the snow downward and off the car (sans spoiler).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.