New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend and i have already installed the roush springs on the front but when we went to the back we got kinda confused.... i have a 2000 cougar and was wondering how in the world do u get to the bolt on the top of the back strut towers????? there is like 1 mm of room for tools maybe i am just missing something???

·
Registered
587 Posts
You should have gotten instructions with the springs. it is quite detailed as to what is needed. There are two bolts holding the plate up in there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thx u guys, o BTW i DID have instructions but my friends daughter got a hold of them and nobody knows where they are now (darn kids) :) anyway thx u 2.

G

·
Can those springs be put on without any special tools? I have a wrench set, the car jack, and a lot of time. Or do I need an air compressor or something.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Are you strong enough to compress them yourself?
lol

Get a spring compressor, they are cheap (Like 20 bucks). Unless you can compress a spring that normally requires a thousand or so pounds of force to compress...

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Yes only special tool that is needed is a spring compressor, Keep in mind not all autozones loan tools, luckily I had a co worker
who owned a nice compressor...
other wise all I needed were normal hand tools, elbow grease and a couple bandaids...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts