New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is designing me a rear strut bar. He asked for measurement between towers and OPTIMAL bolt placement.

I have done a search, so don't yell if this has been answered before. I just couldn't find it.

I've thought I had seen a drawing on the placement before. If anybody who has built their own or knows the correct measurement and/or placement, could please help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
ummm... no offense but it takes less than 1 minute to pop the trunk and measure from one end to the other....

there is one deal with the cougars though, in that the location to bolt them at are not paralell

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I need the correct placement to get the correct measurement. A member of Hoosier made one for his car and was told it was in the wrong spot. I would like to make sure I have right spot and right placement.

So if any of you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I just want to make sure I do it right.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But will that placement work if its a single bar?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Thats the exact placement my RSTB is, and it was custom made also. Not by me though.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by: DEVIOUSDEV
Mary, I've got like 5 Mirko bars left over... you should just buy one of those ;) ... then if you still want your friend to make you one... have them take measurements right off of it ;)
My friend is a custom fabricator for hot rods and choppers and he is doing it for me for free. If you can beat that price, then I would. :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts