New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a couple of very good How-To's on replacing/installing front speakers. However, there is only one post regarding the rear speakers and it says you have to remove the whole rear seat!
I was under the impression that you only need to remove the speaker grille to replace the rears?:confused:

I want to do this tomorrow before I leave for CF2K2, so if anyone out there has some quick tips, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
yeah you can pull of the speaker grill..its held in by clips..or you can pull the whole panel off and do it that way too..good luck

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
you have to take off the whole back panel for the rear speaker. Taking off just the grill will not give you access to the speaker screws. There are 2 screws behind the front seat under a cover you pry up with a screw driver, and a screw on the bottom side of the backseat. (Pull the cushion towards the middle and you'll see it attached to the floor). Then fold your backseats down, take off the cover that covers the backseat lock (lock that keeps seat upright), take off your trunk cover piece, and there should be a screw there. After screws are off you can just pull the panel and all the rivets should pop out. Then proceed with doing the speaker swap and reverse directions to put cover back on. Hope I helped.

Pm me if you need anymore help, I'll try to help ya out the best I can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts