New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone took out there rear seats and made kind of a custom box made up and how it looks. I was thinking of doing that sense I took them out.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Just a few observations from that pic you posted, madmale007.

What happened to the lower box in the middle? Did you miscut and then repair it? That piece should really be replaced, as it is nowhere near as strong as it was stock.

Also, I noticed the joints of the wood seem wavy, almost like that MDF was wet at one point and warped a bit. Did you seal the inside of the box properly to prevent air leaks?

Overall, I like the idea, and I can think of at least 4 different fiberglass options that would look amazing with the subs on a two-tier setup like that. Should be very cool, just make sure to check those little problem areas on that box. I would hate to see someone spend that much time on something and have it crap out in the end.

E1

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
yes there is a new front going onto it we decided to put one on the top not ideal for sq but hey it looks good and sounds ok so he is happy and yes all the joints are glued and then sealed aswell from the inside to make them airtight.
all the box's will be moulded into the "seam" on the side panel's to cover all the cloth area so it will be smoothed into the leather type material then all covered it just takes a lot of time and we only have evenings to work on it at the moment due to work commitments.
e1 thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
man that is gonna use a lot of tin foil......hehehe i didnt even see the fifth sub there on the top how you powerin all those? four is pretty easy but five...i cant wait to see it finished..

Stratton see the following link for another cr with the rear seats glassed over...James' car PC..project cougar

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by: crazyoldcougar
man that is gonna use a lot of tin foil......hehehe i didnt even see the fifth sub there on the top how you powerin all those? four is pretty easy but five...i cant wait to see it finished..

Stratton see the following link for another cr with the rear seats glassed over...James' car PC..project cougar
yes it will indeed but it'll be worth it in the end it is being powered by 1 amp per sub as its easiest that way with a pre-amp signal splitter thing(not sure what it's called properly but its a nice bit of kit it also boost's the signal to keep the sq good) they are running 200watts rms each not major power but then he is on a budget!!! lol
the reason he has gone for this set up instead of two good subs is for show as well and i tell you they sound pretty good for the total it has cost so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts