New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent about a half hour today removing the letters off the back of my trunk but then i ran into trouble. I wnted to put this ford emblem on (approxiametely 6 inches in lenght) but i know there are holes in the trunk when u removee the mercury emblem. What im tryin to get to is that does any of u have a pic of were the three holes are exactly or do u think the ford emblem will cover the holes. If u dont have a pic of the three holes do u think u can get a picture of the mercury emblem and draw the 3 dots on it so that itgives me an idea.

Thanx for your help.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
A 6" Ford emblem is going to look like ass on the back of the Cougar. The Euro spec Cougar uses the 3 1/2" Focus Ford emblem.

The holes are in the direct middle of the emblem. Any emblem will cover them. They are spaced roughly 1/2" apart, triangular.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that, it was an estimate, measured it and it is 3 1/2 inches wide and its the darker blue. Anyways, thanx for the help.

Peace!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes, it will fit over them. The three holes are close together and kind of look like a triangle formation. I actually bought a badge from NOPI.com that was smaller than the ford badge and it fit no problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why would you want to put a Ford emblem on your Cougar? It's bad enough that Mercury made it without flat out saying "I drive a Ford."

- Nor

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Originally posted by: Blahman
Why would you want to put a Ford emblem on your Cougar? It's bad enough that Mercury made it without flat out saying "I drive a Ford."

- Nor

Oh SNAP! Maybe because it is a Ford :shrug: ? And what is wrong with Ford? If you are embarrassed of your cars manufacturer then simply don't drive it . . . go buy a foreign car :slap:

EDIT: Now I see you have "Other" marked for the car you drive . . . what car is it by the way?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's not too much wrong with Fords. Their lower end cars are really poorly made and aren't supported to well by their service department, but if you get a more expensive vehicle, they're usually OK. We all know the stupid design flaws of the Cougar - it's just another quirk on Ford's part.

I drive four things with my main car, as of Monday, being a '99 V6 MTX Cougar. Next in line we have a '99 Ford Explorer which has been great thus far - 138k and runs really nice. A '95 Suzuki Sidekick (for the around-town-fun). A '98 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (for the offroad fun and towing...along with the Exploder,) and an '89 Dodge 350 Florida Power & Light truck with a huge cabin on the back. It's a beast. :)

Aaron

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Lol nice line-up of cars . . . i didnt mean to snap at you . . . i just come from a Ford family . . . we have the cougar (54k miles, no problems), mustang (60k miles with major problems), jaguar s-type (2004 so no problems yet), and new f-150 (2004 so no problems yet) . . . woohoo for Ford!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.