New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to get the brakes off a 2000 cougar? I cant seem to figure out how the drum comes off. They should come right off if the brakes are not pushing against the drum right?? Or is there some kind of metal clip holding the drum in place? All i see is the drum and in the center what looks like a metal cap but im not sure if that is part of the drum or it needs to come off before the drum and inside this we have that metal clip holding the drum in?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Unless your parking brake is on, there is nothing holding the drum on. You have to remember the drum heats up/cools down constantly, so that sucker is probably on there pretty tight. Get yourself a BFH (big f ucking hammer) and beat the drum in a few places, and it should slide off.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Originally posted by: Keliente
Unless your parking brake is on, there is nothing holding the drum on. You have to remember the drum heats up/cools down constantly, so that sucker is probably on there pretty tight. Get yourself a BFH (big f ucking hammer) and beat the drum in a few places, and it should slide off.
BFH has always worked for me too...:rofl: :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.