New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive posted this in the wheels and brakes section but it might be viewed here more...okay i just put new pads on the rear, but there is no way to make the sensor fit in the pad without falling out, so how do you get the light to turn off? can you splice the wires together from the old harness connected to the car and just close the circuit? I plugged the old sensor plug back in, but the light is still on. Any suggestions?
thanks
mike

·
Registered
674 Posts
yep, do the splice and plug.......if that doesn't work pull off your light console thing so you can get to black cover piece.....and put a couple layers of electrical tape over the inside of it, that's what I did after mine came back on mysteriously.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just had brake work done on all four wheels at a local repair shop. Good guys that I trust. I had them use OEM pads with sensors, but they can't get the pad warning light to go off after finishing the work.

They took the wheels back off and can't find any shorts in the circuit that would cause it to stay on. They called a buddy at a Ford dealer who says there's no reset function on the light. I had no problem with the sensor before this work was done. Since I paid extra to have the OEM pads, I'd hate to defeat the sensor. Anyone know a way to keep it functional?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts