New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while back that I purchases an Injen Intake off Ebay. Though it was used, it was in great condition. However, as the seller did state, it didn't come with the long red hose and only had 1 little red connector thingie.

My question is, do I need the long red hose? I put my factory black hose on the little part where it connects and it fits absolutely perfect. However, what will it be like when I phsically put the intake in?

Also, as mention, I only have one little red connecter thing. How much of a problem is it to remove the little black plastic thing from the stock hose and just place the stock hose on the intake?

Thanks!

Sorry long-winded

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
The oem hose is too short.

You can simply use a 3/8 heater hose cut to the length you need. you should also get some 1" clamps to hold it on tight.

·
0 Posts
i just stretched out my oem hose. I clamped on one side and had a clamp ready for the other side and pulled like all hell. Also you really only need one red connector. I used the red connector on the hose closest to the front of the engine and clamped the other on in place using the stock black one. If you do, do this make sure and clamp it all tight otherwise youll find them detached like i did. don't know if it is a bad thing just not something you want.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool... I am going to give it a good try first thing tomorrow morning!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I know for a fact.. If you have a boating/auto supply store near you they would have it. I deal with this kind of stuff all the time where I work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts