New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the hangers for the exhaust shook loose and wouldn't hold right, so I just went ahead and had the exhaust redone to be one step ahead for my later mods. I went from the dual exhaust coming out the back to this...

Sounds MUCH louder and for some reason not as raspy as it was before. I didn't change the muffler or anything, just the way it was routed out. I'll get a video clip tonight after work, I love how it sounds...

·
Administrator
15,568 Posts
Bobby...I know you're in primer, but at least clean your tires :rofl:

Does it sound louder from outside too, or just inside? Did you do that yourself or have an exhaust shop do it? I like it...but weren't you going with a Roush kit? Is that still going to work?

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno about from the outside, haven't been able to check that yet. I had a shop do it. And yes, the Roush kit is still in the future plans, gonna do something a little different with it. ;) :evil:

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
Damn you Bobby! :mad:

:rofl:
hehe, I was waiting for ty to chime in.

looks awsome bobby!

[and since no ones said it yet, I will, the reason its only on the drivers side is that the fuel filter interferes with installing it on the pass side as well]

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,819 Posts
Looks good.

But honestly - duct tape?

·
Registered
912 Posts
LOL OMFG yes DUCT TAPE! we went back to his home town the other night and got me a motor trans and turbo for my civic. put it in the trunk of the cougar and drove back. on the way the exhaust came unhooked. so we fixed it. then bout 15 min from his house the bumper waz flapping. wal mart trip!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts
hehe, I was waiting for ty to chime in.

looks awsome bobby!

[and since no ones said it yet, I will, the reason its only on the drivers side is that the fuel filter interferes with installing it on the pass side as well]
Samuraicougar tried it on bothsides. But because the exhaust hung so low he toar it off on a speed bump. I've only caught the tip on speed bump once and toar the hangar off. I was too lazy to raise the car after lowering it all the way..:rofl: And yes I was angling the bump. :flushed:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
dude. go get an 8" 2x4 block of wood, wrap it with some 400 grit sand paper and please smooth out your primer. i understand being in primer, but please smooth it out.

and whats with the duct tape on the bumper? if your bolt stripped just drill and tap a new one. takes 3 minutes.

exhaust looks good btw.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dude. go get an 8" 2x4 block of wood, wrap it with some 400 grit sand paper and please smooth out your primer. i understand being in primer, but please smooth it out.

and whats with the duct tape on the bumper? if your bolt stripped just drill and tap a new one. takes 3 minutes.

exhaust looks good btw.
First, on the paint. I know its not smooth at all, I'm actually planning on going to a local body shop and just having them spray the car in a flat black. Probably won't cost me more than $300 or so, and it will look 1561650354685 times better than what it currently looks like.

The tape is for just the reason Royce said, I was driving down the interstate at 80mph, looked in the mirror, and the entire left half of the rear bumper was flapping behind the car like a parachute. Looks like the screws came out or something (there was previous damage to the bumper and the screws, but I thought I had them back in right). I'll get that fixed Thursday when I finally get a day off.

Oh, and since Royce brought up the topic, here's why I made that trip that the bumper came loose during.

Thats a complete D16Z6 Honda Del Sol Si engine, transmission, ECU, wiring harness, T25 turbo, and FMIC, all in the back of my Cougar. And the hatch shut with plenty of room to spare. ;):biggrin:

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i figured out why bobby's looks funny to me. it needs to be molded into the buddy, or atleast tucked into it, so the bottom of it meets the bottom of the body so its all flush.
What do you think I'm going to be getting the Roush side skirts for? :evil:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts