New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its happened to me too. I was driving minding my own business, when suddenly i make a right hand turn. Then BOOM! my drink spills all over my leather seats. stupid ford :(

Anyone else been hit with this kinda random act???

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,719 Posts
Biggie-size root beer, right in my lap.

I'm GETTING a newer console. That's all there is to it.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
sticky leather, not good.

I would check junk yards for a 00-02 center console

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
mcdonalds large coke, taking a corner at 45-50. slosh all over my lap and my coth seats :(

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Large steaming hot cappuccino all over my lap. I just bought it - so it was extra hot. It spilled as soon as I turned out of the parking lot. and not just a little bit... The cover came off of it and I got the whole thing spilled on me. This is my worst and most painful spill - however the famed "cup spiller" has gotten me many times.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Making a right hand turn out of Burger King I made the mistake of placing a king size (48oz I think, if you've seen 'em you know what I mean, it's HUGE) soda in the spiller. It tipped but the cover did not come off. Instead the soda squirted out of the straw, all over me and the drivers side window. Franticly trying to right the beast as it continued to slowly drench me my car crept over into the opposite lane. The second I realized it I swerved back into my land, only to realize that I was also going right through a red light as well. Fortunately there was nobody in the intersection. Whole thing took like 5 seconds.

Think I'll start looking for a new center console...

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Ouch ZEXcougar that had to burn like hell.

I've never had fast food in my car or a drink, one time though my Wife brought a doggy bag
with half a chicken sandwich home in my car while I was driving.
I was tense the whole drive home. I'm a wuss when it comes to my car hehehe

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
haha dang gyger, also, i would like to say, there is still soda syrup under the drivers side seat from when my mom had the car and the spiller got her too.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
hrmm... funny don't drink and drive... ;) a fitting slogan.. or just drink from bottles of water with the closable nipple.

G

·
I have been hit like most of your stories with BK cups(no coffee yet), but the thickest was a large smoothie i got from a local shop and right turn a little fast cap flew off and all over my ****. Now i use my thighs as a cup holder. I use the backseat cup holder too, did u ever notice the backseat holder is much nicer than the front one.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Originally posted by: 99SilverCougarV6
I have been hit like most of your stories with BK cups(no coffee yet), but the thickest was a large smoothie i got from a local shop and right turn a little fast cap flew off and all over my ****. Now i use my thighs as a cup holder. I use the backseat cup holder too, did u ever notice the backseat holder is much nicer than the front one.
Same about the rear holder, but styrofoam cups get demolished by the rubber grips.
Hell if I use the spiller but to hold cell phones.
Peice of crap. My worst spill was a 44oz. Strawberry Fanta....still kinda pinkish in the drivers seat. Second worst was a few weeks ago from friends stupid act of violence by using the holder for a Blue Ocean Water Slush...big one....and now my LCD has problems with the brightness. Damn It All!!!!!!!

Dont drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink.

Dont drink and drive in a 99-00 cougar, ever, figure it out when I slap you upside your head during hard turns!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
ooo ooo ive figured out how to keep cups and stuff from spilling over. get another console haha
jk, if your like me your hand is resting on the gear shift. in right hand turns, grab the side of the shift and make sure your arm is touching the the top-mid part of the cup :biggrin::beer: drink and drive all you want

·
Registered
167 Posts
what i can't stand is that if I have 20oz in the front cup holder and take it out to fast the cup holder comes with this is especially bad while driving at night

Hell I've ended up with in my house before I noticed it .........:flushed:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I dont have the infamous cup spiller, but my cupholders up front are only about a half inch tall. Anything bigger than an amolst empty coke can will fall out, guaranteed

G

·
Damn Ford this has to be a sick joke they all laugh about. They honestly did not throughly test the holder well enough when the 1999s came out.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i've got a 2000 with the different style cup holder/(spiller) and i did the same thing, made a right hand turn and a few seconds later wondering why my ass was wet and warm. i looked down to notice my coffee had just tipped over. i had to shampoo my seat to get the stain out.

EDIT: actually come to think of it i fill my cup holder up with spare change and that was probably the main cause of the coffee spilling it was probably half full with change. i just remembered that. :shrug:

G

·
yea biggie sizing a an orange soda to 44oz. is just plain asking for it ..... it only happened once though.... but made for a funny situation at a toll both when i couldnt figure out why my quaters were stuck underneath my e-break (thats were i keep my change) on my console.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts