New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to all who look down on ppl for driving inappropriately, but i know any consequences are of my own doing. I never try to provoke, I always wait for someone w/ a hooked up car to drive fast bye me first... unlike my friend who will match speed 2ft from the side of any civic and wait for the civic to try to pull off.

Anyway.

I pulled out onto the highway and noticed a nice Acura coming up fairly quickly behind me... I watched him pass me and noticed the '3.2TL', rims, tint and exhaust tips. I pulled into his lane to catch up to see how fast he was going and to see if he'd be into messing around. Traffic was really really clear at about 2pm so he was doing about 80 and i was right there about 2 car lengths behind. He made a lane change that I mistook as an attempt to let me pass, so I slowed some too to get back into normal driving mode, but instead of slowing after moving over he punched it and took off. I downshifted to 4th till I heard one spit of the rev limiter (at what speed im not sure) and quickly shifted to 5th, I didnt catch up but he stopped pulling so fast. For whatever reason soon after he slowed from about 100 to 85 again, which let me get right up on him and let him know it wasnt over. I listened carefully for his exhaust and when I suddenly heard him try to take off again (and the ATX drop to 4th for a second and then back to 5th), I went to 4th, punched it, gained on him (i think i may have felt drafting, too.. this was around 100mph) got to his right, went to 5th with the rear of my car at his front bumper and happily kept pulling away faster than i thought i would. My initial thought when getting into it was 'Theres no way ill be able to keep up, but we'll have fun' but Lo! I win!

h'ray :biggrin:

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Not bad at all! I am quite impressed! Slap down the expensive rice!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh not bad for ungutted precats and small lim :)

Score 1 for Duratec owners everywhere.

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
Slap down the expensive rice!
From this day forth lets dub expensive rice as... noodles.... :rofl:

good kill

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe, 'lo-mein'd out acura tl'

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
my friend has a stock automatic 3.2TL. We played around on the highway for a little onetime when I only had intake/exhaust, and it was pretty close. Nobody really pulled away from the other. One time he took me for a ride and accelerated from 0 to about 55 and it actually threw me back in the seat a little, something I don't get in the cougar...don't F with the coug on the highway!

Mike

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one of the guys at work has an earlier 3.2tl, he keeps poking fun at me saying like "neil man whyd you buy such a slow car" then hes all 'VTEC this' 'VTEC that' and i just think poor guy, buying into honda marketing tactics...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Its weird you hit the rev limiter in 4th. I have hit about 105-110 in 4th without hitting the limiter.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I said i wasnt sure what speed that was at... i was paying closer attention to the road than my gauge cluster. I did blip in fourth tho, so i guess i must have been at or above 110... (sheesh, mom would kill me)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts