New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of you may be raffled out.... I totally understand and I am trying to think of new ideas every day to see what we can do to raise money for the CougarFest 2k4 Fund..... But is there something we as a group are not doing? Are you tired of the choice raffles? I know both CustomCougars.Com and DuratecPerformance.com are adding new products everyday to help out the community... but is there something else you all would like to see? In the coming months we are going to be raffling off a FREE HOTEL Package for the Host Hotel of CougarFest.... is that more interesting?

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Free hotel package :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
raffles that i will win. yeah. that's what i want. :tongue:

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Is there something we could do to increase the odds of winning, so people are more willing to donate to the overall fund.

I don't have any specific ideas as of now...but it;s just a thought.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
For me I'm pretty much raffled out. I've spent enough on raffles to pay a registration fee so now it almost dosen't seem worth it since I don't win. It's also discouraging to see people win that already has a fully modded car or sponsors that pay for there stuff already. And the average guy who has to scrimp and save to buy mods let alone raffle tixs and then loose. I'm not implying anything, just that it's discouraging.

Part of me wonders why we need so much money anyways. This maybe be better in another thread so if so go ahead and move it. But I'm more into my motorcycle than my car so I go to many cycle rallys a year. Some of the best ones are where you just hang out enjoying each others rides and bs'ing over a beer.

For example. A local rally is $50 for a weekend. That includes camping (bikers like to camp :) ) so the $50 goes towards a little entertainment such as hiring a monster truck to come out, a local band, legal fees, etc. There is a dyno but they contact for cheap runs. Think $20 a run for 1000 bikes makes them more money in a weekend than $60 a run for normal customers at their shop. They have vendors, food/beer wagons, etc.
Now all that is a little more than what you could do due to the number of participantes.

However I belong to a Kawasaki group very similar to this one. We have an annual reuinion in Eureka Springs, AR (same place as a major corvette clubs meets.) Anyways, it's free. Just show up. We have planned rides. One nite we have a potluck. It's all voulenteer. Some agree to bring turkeys, some will bring turkey fryers, some bring side dishes, etc. Big ol' party. It's awesome. We collect money for raffles and we buy some nice biker crap. Whatever the profit is goes to a local charity. Other nights we just hang out around a bon fire, one night we have a local band with a tip jar where almost every puts in a few bucks. We do have t-shirts that we can pay for ahead of time or at the event for a few dollars more.

A weekend with planned "events" sounds hectic. to me an ideal meet is just a party atmosphere where you just hang out, ride nice roads to drive, etc... But of course this is a younger crowd. young people tend to get board with themselves and might need to have others plan things for them to do. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Originally posted by: BrantlyJ
A weekend with planned "events" sounds hectic. to me an ideal meet is just a party atmosphere where you just hang out, ride nice roads to drive, etc... But of course this is a younger crowd. young people tend to get board with themselves and might need to have others plan things for them to do. :shrug:
it's "bored" and actually the younger, college aged crowd are the ones that have suggested they much rather hang out and drink beers over doing events, which I might add can easily be done at night after each of the daytime events.
I believe it is the more mature, seasoned members who are interested in making more out of this national meet than just a big frat party. Again to emphasize this is a vehicle enthusiasts group.

back on the raffle topic.
I'm definitely raffled out. Also, Christmas is upon us, and I have a $15k+ wedding to fund in 7 months. every penny I own counts at this point.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I just spent a buttload of money on a transmission , so I'm just broke..

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Perhaps we could raffle off some audio stuff? I know I was one of the lucky ones to win a raffle, but since I have enough cosmetic stuff right now as well as intake and exhaust, I had a hard time choosing what else to pick up from CC. If I could have gotten an indash LCD screen instead, I would have been happy as hell, not that I wasnt happy that I won. Maybe if someone has a great hookup at a stereo shop and could get us stuff at Cost, then perhaps we could order an new MP3 cd player,, some visor LCDs, or with a few extra bucks, an indash dvd/lcd combo. Just my .02

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
trust me.. we REALLY need these raffles to pay for what we have planned for Cougar Fest 2004 -- it will be the one event you will want to be at guarenteed... it will blow everything else out of the water.. and I must say that every ticket does count.. you can complain that you feel you have already paid enough for a registration but the less we bring in the MORE your registration will be... if we can get enough perhaps there will not be a registration fee...

I'm on a very tight budget and bills out the ass and I still buy raffle tickets each time but your not hearing me complain. The only thing on my car that I got free from my Sponsor are my graphics.. I paid for everything else myself..

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I think a lot goes with what Kim has said......you gotta look at what time of year this is. You're now hitting thanksgiving, a huge travel, vacation, food expense time....and this and next month are the christmas buying months. I know I can speak for everyone and saying that putting gifts under the tree is more important then a raffle :)

However....on the flip side....even if someone can pick up 1 ticket it's to help out of next year. Im sure everyone is a wee bit tired of the promise without proof or itinerary. Thats very understandable but, I can assure you once the contracts are in hand, signed, and delivered......you will quite enjoy all there will be next year. I only know from what I have been told, but it will be a great event. Im not hyping it or being the cheerleader....im just goin on what i know and for the cougar/car enthusiast......this will be a tremendous event.

Hell....i might even go this year :wiggle:

So if you do got spare cash rollin around......go ahead and donate it to the fund and maybe pickup a winning raffle ticket. I know for myself Im not looking down on anyone cause i am in the same financial strain as most folks on here, but im also trying to help out a little bit if i can to make sure the fest is a great success :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
No complaints, except I haven't won yet. Everyone you have I will have tickets to. Trying to stratgize on this one. Buy close to the top, one in the middle, and then one at the end. I really wanna win. Keep it up!! I have never been to CF so I want my first one to be awesome.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think i should chime in here, considering i've spent a lot of money on these raffles. You all talk about discouraging, i spent atleast $50 on each of the raffles, and i havent won a thing. Besides my whinning :p, i think the raffles are fine. I agree with yakko, maybe try and get access to some sort of audio dealership to get a new type of raffle going. You guys will sell more tickets if you can change the prize for each one.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
that would be good - what cougaritus said.

or - there could be something like "buy 'x' number of tickets, and get the 2004 calender FREE" (or discounted)

I'm actually surprized that this raffle hasn't sold out - James just got those restyled X1 fenders and everyone went nuts over them.
Buy a ticket, you could get them for free if you win this raffle! :)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
Maybe with each ticket purchase we could recieve a discount on CougarFest??
Uhhh... that's the point. By buying raffle tickets the cost for CougarFest for everybody is reduced.

Edit - i know exactly what everybody has spent of raffle tickets from day 1. ;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hell, even I bought a tix...

I just wanna find out who the winner is... I'd like to see some audio stuff raffled off, I only need like a set of new interior speakers, tvs, if I want to try and compeate with most of them. I know one thing...if I win this raffle I'm buying me some door armor :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
<-- broke!

Sure, its discouraging that I haven't won.... however, thats the point of a raffle.. 200 people enter.. only one is going to win... Thats a 1/200 chance per ticket.... so odds aren't exactly in my favor no matter how many tickets I buy...

If I had money.. I would be glad to buy some tickets.. but my financial situation sucks right now...

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Listen... If you all want Audio... I will hook it up... If you win the raffle..... I will get you any Audio Stuff you want under $500.... I know this was posted by other companies in the past.... However I am not talking about product that I even carry. You tell me what you want and I am sure it will happen.... The CougarFest 2k4 Committee and the companies backing the raffle are not making any money off this raffle. We are simply making the fund for the EVENT larger... So you want it, we will do it if within our powers.... Audio is within my powers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts