New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was this determined to be illegal or not prohibited on NECO? If I was interested in doing it what steps would I need to take and I suppose I would need to have someone to verify that I did in fact give the car away after it was done. I know intense image thought of this but wasn't sure where it went. Thanks :)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I do believe the hard part coems form getting all the money to a middle person, someone trusted if you will.....when it gets into large sums of money. It becomes harder to find that trust worthy guy :)

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Why not Trevor? :banghead: WAIT!
What am I thinking?!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a PM into fastcougar, maybe we can work a deal.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
unless there's some proceeds going to CF, I don't see it happening either. Due to the fact it would take away from the CF raffles and the large sum of $$ needed to raffle off such a prize. Just the amount of shear tickets needed is amazing.

1300 tickets @ $10
2600 tickets @ $5

Never gonna happen.........

·
Registered
142 Posts
It doesn't sound too bad if everything was to work out. I mean it's for a nice car ,10 bucks a ticket would be decent. I agree with the points of CF funds and the number of tickets. You gotta figure what happens if you only sell 900 tickets and no one else will buy? You'd have to draw for it as to everyone has paid their chances. Then you have the disgruntled people that might whine because they thought it was rigged. I would take a few chances on it but i wish you all the luck in getting it started.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about 250-280 $50 tickets? For a car with those odds do you think people would buy? If it wasn't for a conflict of interest I would buy a couple tickets for myself! ha ha. I would be happy to donate some of the money to CF no prob. I'll wait for a response from the man. Between FCO, CEG, and NECO you think 270 tickets wouldn't be that hard, especially when people have thousands in mods.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
yes.... i don't think you are goign to get alot of people dishing out 50 bucks for a chance at a car... now if you woudl have done this before switching back toa stock 2.5 then you may have gotten alot more ticket buyers...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
ditto

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldn't have felt good about selling the SC 3L to anyone. It was so custom that only I knew how to maintain it. I would have had the new owner calling me daily!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by: ignernt
Isn't this still a lease? :shrug:

Yep, no different then buying out a loan. I have the lease buyout summary in front of me, pay that amount and the title goes to the new owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts