New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rachels' Bad Day

well i get a call about 4ish from rachel saying her tire came off on her way out here i get there and holy [censored] theres nothing left of the tire. and her jack from mercury was in two pieces. by the time i got there one of those M-DOT van thingys was there and he was putting her spare on :)beer: to you) so at this time after finding out about the jack i imeadetly call her salesman (she baught the car about a month or so ago) and compleatly [censored]ed him out saying that the car passed a used car inspection but things were broken. so we get to varsity linc/merc he is standing out side of a cougar and is giving us the jack out of it. at this time knowing that she needs a tire and its almost six, i know almost every where is closed. so i make a call to brad(atomicinternet) because i knew he had a set of rims and tires for sale. And he hooked her up on the tires
so after going to numeris tires stores trying to get a tire mounted on a rim we ended up at pep boys(which it took them almost two hours to put it on
)

brad has the pictures please post

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
RE:Rachels' Bad Day

Joy, Joy, Joy, don't you just love cars!

That reminds me, I need a set of winter tires for my car, a set of 17's for the spring, a set for my wifes car, and another set for my Stang. 16 tires in total!:cry:

·
Registered
57 Posts

yeaaa dang.. thats a pretty bad day... if it was on a weekday.. the place in dearborn i used to work at on warren and beech daily (tire discount house) is open until 8.... nd thats not too far from ur hosue i believe.. close to hfcc but on the other side of telegraph

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

I coulda put it on for you at sears. We're open til 9.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Bah, theres atleast another 5k miles left on that tire.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Wow, how'd she do at handling the car once that blew out? Musta been a fun ride, for a few seconds. ;)

Seriously tho, from the looks of it, that tire had some wear problems, to make it blow like that. Once replaced she should check all of the other tires (visual and tactile tests), and maybe check the alignment as well.

E1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.