New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other night on my way home from savannah, going down abercorn street, i finally got to race something in my cougar. the first thing was this old honda prelude like an 89, the one with the flip up lights, i was going like 55 when he went around me and floored it. whe he got in front of me i switched lanes and got beside him, going about 70ish, he floored it more and i did the same and immediately pulled ahead of him, getting further and further away. by the time the next light came up i was atleast 3 or 4 cars ahead. i was hoping he would have come up to the light again, but instead he took the turning lane so that ended that. the next one was a lancer, like the 2001 and one model or somewhere around there. i was just annoying him on by riding on him because i knew the guy and he's done the same to me before. the 2 lane road split into 3 and i decided to floor it and go around, apparently he thought the same and floored it. at first we stayed close, then i slowly got ahead by a car or so. we got up to around 80 or 90 before i slowed down, he did the same behind me. the prelude had one of those aluminum spoilers and a muffler, i think that was about it. the lancer was stock. my car is a I4 and all i have is the weapon-r intake. im glad i finally got to have alittle fun. oh, and it was late, both abercorn street and highway 204 are pretty dead after 10am on weekdays.

james

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Yea when ever us i4 guys post races all others r like wow a Lancer or wow a honda cause those r our challengers where theres(v6 models) r more of the Si honda's, GT tiburan's/eclipse's, stangs, etc. but yea nice kills though.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well there was some others that i could have tried but im not gonna embarress myself trying to race the stuff like the newer model pontiac grand prix gt or the nissan altima that took off on me. right now i'll stick to stuff i know i can beat or atleast stay close to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.