New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just raced one from a red light 1st gear he had me about 1 car length due to me loosing traction but as soon as i got in 2nd I was gone. The guy was laughing with his buddy before we raced but changed his mind when I pulled away in 2nd. I only took it all the way in 2nd due to traffic ahead I got him by two car lengths.

·
Registered
504 Posts
can i have your engine ?:biggrin:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure when you want it?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
wow! very nice kill

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did that once too and i was shocked becasue i was just going race the V8 mustange for fun thinking that i will get smoked for sure but ended up i was winning by half a car length. How that heck we could win a v8 stang???

·
Registered
558 Posts
dont they have about 215hp and 285tq......u pulled him in second.....nice job

what are the best numbers a hybrid has gotten (hp/tq..not 1/4)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by: Faboo
what are the best numbers a hybrid has gotten (hp/tq..not 1/4)
18% driveline loss puts me at about 255HP/225TQ engine theres some more room to squeeze another 10 hp

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was a blk 87 style with big white pony on the back window

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Maybe he missed a shift? I was racing an old beat up vw golf the other night at a red light, and I missed 2nd gear. The guy heard my engine rev, and he knew that I missed it. The next light he tells me that he knew I messed the shift up, and wants to go again.. then I whooped his ass.. Sorry to steal the thread.. :tongue:

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
that mustang didnt stand a chance! lol RWD or not! bye bye

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he didn't do nothing wrong, he got a jump on me but as soon as I stopped spinning and got in to 2nd gear I was pulling.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
That's impressive. I didn't think we had a chance against a 5.0. I had one race me and I beat it but it was a convertible that had 4 really big guys in it. I thought with that much weight it was trying to haul I had a really good chance.

·
Registered
954 Posts
woulda been better if ya killed an import...mustangs are pretty sweet though,

sounds like you're pushin' some decent power there man, good kill :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thers a lot imports that got smoked but its just to many to post them here and most of them are the slow civics and accords.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a lot of problems keeping tratcion in 1st but when 2nd comes im in haven, also I have boled tires they will be replaced by potenza's S-3, traction should improve then.

·
Registered
429 Posts
CougarBoi have you ran your car at the track? I am curious to know what you would run since I will be doing the 3.0 SVT Hybrid swap sometime later this year.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by: hawk3
CougarBoi have you ran your car at the track? I am curious to know what you would run since I will be doing the 3.0 SVT Hybrid swap sometime later this year.
I was at the track but got disqualified due to my rear wheel stud missing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts