New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of new brakes, calipers and rotors, but dont have the money for the Baer kit, anyone know anything about these R1 Concepts on ebay? Anyone used them? Opinions???? thanks

Dan

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I got them. Love them to death! LOL there great looking rotors and working rotors.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by: mond12345
I got them. Love them to death! LOL there great looking rotors and working rotors.

sweet, thanks man

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
I have them..still haven't installed them..I've had them for like a year now..LOL!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
my only question is if the ones "with 16" rims" are the 278 mm fronts or the 260, that will make all the difference

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: 99Elimin8r
my only question is if the ones "with 16" rims" are the 278 mm fronts or the 260, that will make all the difference
If you have the Sport package they should be 278. Discs all around. !6" rims..No govenor and a couple other things also.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
yeah it makes a difference, get the right ones....

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
the 260's are only for the losers [like me] with the rear drums

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
From Teamneco:

Front rotor size is 278x24mm for all sports package Cougars and old 4 wheel disc brake 99's (born on date 1998)

Front rotor size for all I4 and non sports Cougs with drum rears is 260x24mm

Rear rotor size for all cars with disc brakes is 253x20mm

·
Registered
324 Posts
i know that but do they!!!!! that is my question....oh well too late they should be here by thurs or friday. i'll let you guys know....fo sho

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
16" wheels from factory=278mm rotors.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just ordered a set of all 4 of them on Ebay. I was kinda cautious too because they make and drill the rotors themselves, but I supposed - how hard can it really be to make a rotor if you have a full CNC shop setup for it? I have read over *ALL* of their feedback and it all looks great so I'm not too worried. The only complaints they got were from user error anyway so it all seems pretty legit. Like I said, I ordered them and haven't gotten them yet so I can't say from personal experience. The only complaint I have so far is that they take FOREVER to ship them! I've been waiting almost 3 weeks and still no rotors or response from them. This might have something to do with the fact that I special ordered them in black though.

I'll keep you posted and let you know what I think when I do finally get them! I also ordered Steel Braided brake lines from Ebay, Hawk performance pads, and I'm debating what type of fluid to purchase still.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have a set of these rotors for the front and rear. They've done me well in the front, but the back one's I've yet to get installed do to difficulties getting the old one off. The company was easy to work with also, I contacted them on aim several times and they were almost always there to answet my questions.

Jeff,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.