New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those of you who have painted your dash's - how do you clean them? can you spray armor-all on the painted portions of the dash? Keep in mind my dash has only been painted for a week now - not sure if it's 100% cured and if i should spray anything at all on it. Thanks...

S

·
0 Posts
I have a question too... I even did a search this time and could not find it. What kind of paint do you paint your dash with? I would imagine there is a certain kind, and where do you get it?

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I will ask my question again since someone interrupted my post:

those of you who have painted your dash's - how do you clean them? can you spray armor-all on the painted portions of the dash? Keep in mind my dash has only been painted for a week now - not sure if it's 100% cured and if i should spray anything at all on it. Thanks...

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
well you have to remember your dash is no longer a plastic or vinyl surface, it is a painted surface, so I imagine you could just use soapy water or some type of quickshine spray for painted surfaces (like Mother's or Meguiar's)

Mike

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
Now I will ask my question again since someone interrupted my post:

sorry my bad, i didnt read your entire post and thought ya meant prep cleaning before paint, yeah, just wash it with soapy water or other items you use to clean your exterior paint

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
I wouldn't use armor all on anything... its a painted surface, so quick detailer and waxing when needed.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool guys :thumbsup:

Somewhere I messed up on painting + prepping the cowl because it cracked and is flaking away on the windshield facing section! :thumbsdn:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
You probably didn't sand it smooth enough. The cowl is covered in a waffle-like pattern and if you don't sand it smooth as a baby's ass and then primer, it's not going to hold the paint well.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
He has a 99-00... it doesn't have said waffle pattern.
It still has a texture to it though. You don't have to sand it completely smooth if you still want to keep the textured look, but it is absolutely necessary that you at least scuff the current finish so the paint will stick.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was in a hurry with the cowl but i thought that i sanded it ok...oh well...ill get it again this summer.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: ZUM
Originally posted by: MetallicaCougs
Waxed mine
yup, after mine got destroyed, my shroud got waxed too:wiggle:
heh, your gon' owe me stacy after i sand that baby back down for ya :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts