New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is a 99 2.5L mtx non sport model ( rear drums ) i was wondering if the computer out of a 99 2.5L mtx sport model will work in my car with out any problems?

the sport model that im getting it from also has the overhead console display and mine doesnt will that effect anything performance wise?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im not looking for any performance gains but ill be swapping the rear disks and the bigger front disks and all the sensors onto my car so thats why i was wondering if the ecu would function properly or if id even need to change the ecu over to work with the rear disks and abs sensors

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Is it an ABS car or a TC + ABS car? Id be worried about adding TC to your car if you dont want it. You would need all the sensors and that damn bypass button.

·
Administrator
15,570 Posts
Ahh...good point. Not sure how that stuff would react.

I think Aircougar1 has swapped a few ECUs...I wonder if he's came across that combination.

One other thing....99s could be either fuel system. Make sure both cars are the same.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k im pretty sure the fuel systems are the same and the keys for that car should be in it when i pick it up and i should also be good with the TC my car already has it but im not positive if the parts car im buying will have it and id like to keep it operational so that might be a problem but i think everything else should be ok..

thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts