New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to go to the company that I purchased my rims/ lugs from to obtain another key? Or can one be made at a shop for fairly cheap? Please help :)

Ill move this thread later this morning. I just need a fairly quick answer

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yes, go to the company. You should have a key "code" somewhere. It is a sticker that is usually affixed to the door jam or even in the lug box.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: jojolmnop
can you use the gator grip? should be able to.
LMAO! Are you joking?

You should be able to find a deep well, 12 point socket, and pound it on the locking lug.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarGT
Originally posted by: jojolmnop
can you use the gator grip? should be able to.
LMAO! Are you joking?

You should be able to find a deep well, 12 point socket, and pound it on the locking lug.

Thats what I was going to suggest. I had to do that a few years ago when I lost the key. Just be careful if you go that route.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarGT
Originally posted by: jojolmnop can you use the gator grip? should be able to.
LMAO! Are you joking? You should be able to find a deep well, 12 point socket, and pound it on the locking lug.
oh great.. that makes me feel safea bout my rims..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
what set of lugs do you have? if its Gorilla you can get one for about 12 bucks or less if its a square key those are even cheaper.. best advice I can give you is call wherever you got your rims/tire package from and tell them what happened.. I accidently broke a key and called Discount Tire and they recalled my order and shipped out the key no prob..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts