New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to have a post up this weekend sometime with preliminary plans for the Halloween meet... but I need some info from those planning to attend...

(1) How early is too early to start ? Before lunch, after lunch, afternoon, etc. ?

(2) How late are you willing or able to stay, if you are planning to drive home afterwards ?

(3) Anybody desiring to stay overnight (should there be late activities, or alcoholic beverages) ?

Don't forget you can always make event suggestions :)

Thanks peeps!

·
Administrator
24,306 Posts
I'm of the impression that BEFORE lunch would be better. 11am or so. That way we could have a group lunch somewhere. Lines at restaurants are shorter at lunch on Saturdays than at dinner.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Well personally I wont be there BEFORE lunch...maybe be there BY lunch but I'll be working till 4:15 am the night before so... Anyway, not that you cant start the meet- just let us know approx. where you might be and we will play phone tag on the way down and meet you there.

How late? Doesnt matter to me. Diane?? I am not sure if we are spending the night in Columbus or not so late is fine with me anyway.

the end.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Doesnt matter to me either. Still undecided if I will be staying over yet.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Before lunch is cool with me. If there are no late night activities planned and no alcohol related activities going on then yeah, i'll probably just head home that night. Otherwise a place to stay would be nice. Or at least point me to a close hotel or something. I would rather crash at the place we're drinking at if we end up at somebodies house or something. Cause i would rather not drive after have a few.

Are we going to drive around or whatever at some point during the day?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have no preference on time. I'm being chauffeured down there anyway so it's up to the driver. Whenever you guys want to start is fine. If Slade wakes up x-tra early for some reason we'll probably leave earlier. Playing phone tag might not be such a hot idea - i.e. the last meet...

Spending the night: don't know, don't care either way. Again, that is up to the driver. Don't want to sound like a jerk but I doubt we're up for sharing a room. My Halloween costume is currently stressing me out so I don't know. We've got people's cell numbers so we'll make it :)

edit: John, thought your party didn't start 'til later. What's with 1-ish?

·
Registered
565 Posts
hey hey, sorry i have been a ghost on the boards these days, but as for the meet, i think a good time to start would be around noon or 1ish and as for those who wanna have a couple drinks, we could always come back to my place and crash there for a while, just thought i would extend the invite to all those who have a far drive and wanna stay out late.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Mark; some tips learned from the past (things you know, but just a reminder)

1. Have a plan in place (at least in your head) of how you want cars lined up and where so we arent sitting around like a bunch of idiots this time when it is anual group photo time.

2. Dont be afraid to make solid plans; you wont offend. We need leadership not people who just dont care and go along with whatever (like me ;) ). If you have an idea then go with it- if it ends up sucking then we will know better next time and make the correction.

3. Do you know any local law enforcement people down there? I know I asked the cop last year to get in the photo with us and got denied but maybe this year we can have some cop-fun. Might help some of you locals out one day when the cop remembers you were cool with him and not just a bunch of punk kids with vehicles in various forms of illegalness ;) . Personally I'd love a pic hangin on my wall with a bunch of us on the ground with hands on heads and cops all around and the cars there...eh...this is one of those times where I have an idea in my head that I like but cant get it to transfer cohearantly to print. The end.

4. Is it time to eat yet? I am starving!

(John, is it possible to make a lil transaction that day? I can send you the $$ in advance so that if you have to leave before I get there you can just leave the stuff with Mark or someone. Or are you comming from school and wont have access to the product? My end of the work will be done soon I hope...:biggrin: )

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i have an ACT test that morning, so the eairliest i could get there is probably like 12. but i am definatly comming now (my sister isnt comming with me though), and im not for sure yet, but i think it might be ok if a few of you want to crash at my hosue (15-20 min from easton). im not sure when my parents will be getting home from cleveland that day, so thats why i dont know if they will be ok with it. but if any of you are interested in a free place to stay that night, let me know and i will talk to them about it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Slade, sure you can send anything you need. You can send it to school or mansfield. I ll be home friday night or early saturday morning to get the car then heading to the meet. Might sound dumb since it ll be closer to school but I need to have my baby with me as I m sure you know. Im gonna put the last coat of wax on today and tonight then it ll be covered minus that meet and that weekend. But I have good reasons as I still wanna be at the meet. My parents will be coming to Muskingum next wknd as in the 18th for HC, so they can bring me mail etc if you need to send it early. If you need any addys just PM me or ask I can post um as I dont really care what I get sent lol.

Mark go ahead and make the solid plans bro. We all trust ya! Well I dunno anymore you badass. But for real man you do what suits you best. We ll all show like last yr so no worries.

I m pretty sure yoha will show for this event even though he ll have his Geo Metro, it ll still be something for him to do IF he doesnt have pledging stuff. But I ll come home most likely friday night get my car ready then head out saturday morning for the meet.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i got my costume, and its the best costume in the world! but it might be kinda hard to drive in....

cant tell anyone what it is (even though i know you are all DYING to know!) because its sooo sweet it needs to be a surprise! im really excited about the meet! wOOt! wOOt!!!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I haven't bought a costume yet. I can't really think of anything and i haven't seen anything that i like yet. But don't worry, i'll do something even if it sucks. Maybe i'll just put all my clothes on backwards and be a white trash kris kross...

·
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually Diane, I would believe you. I do not like Halloween, for a lot of reasons, and even I am stressed out about the costume, not to mention the stupid meet plans (they're coming, I swear).

·
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PJ comment? What PJ comment? :confused:

I spent the outrageous money for the costume yesterday, so I'm over that part of it... but I still need acce$$ories.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I still havent got all the pieces of my costume yet either. :-/ Yeah I know I am slacking.
I did get stuff for everyone! :-D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts