New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Mercury Cougar that i'm going to be purchasing a Hybrid 2 Body Kit for and i'm going to paint it in a White Pearl, my question concerns the Ractive Seats, I'm looking at purchasing 2 Ractive 72000 GT Race Style Seats, but they only come in Red, Blue, Black, and Yellow, i'm curious if i could purchase a yellow or black one and possibly repaint it over with cloth fabric paint from like duplicolor or a company like that and have the same look of the seat. All help is appreciated. I'll include some pictures

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Everything ive heard said that cloth/fabric paint is awful stuff that leaves you with something that doesnt wear well or feel nice to the touch, much less to sit in.

IF you really want something nice and show quality, you will probably need it recovered.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
the reason you buy nice new stuff is because its nice and new... if they dont make what your looking for. DONT BUY IT.

and yes, you attempting to dye the fabric is about 99.8% certain to look like ass.

·
Registered
540 Posts
the reason you buy nice new stuff is because its nice and new... if they dont make what your looking for. DONT BUY IT.

and yes, you attempting to dye the fabric is about 99.8% certain to look like ass.
X2... if your paying all that money dont waist it by spray painting the seats with fabric dye, just wait and find what your looking for somewhere else...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well in that case i have looked into corbeau before and i'll ask your opionons on the on these 4 seats, i like the fact that corbeau offers the mounting brackets for there seats so you dont have to chase down the right mounting bracket. The only other company i would look at would be sparco but there to spendy for my tastes.

also do you think it is possible to still have the seat slide only have a locking mechenism so that when you are driving it is locked in place?

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
nope.. infact, I HAD stock leather seats originally, and kept sliding around :rofl:

the fabric is really good quality though... I've had them for about 4, almost 5 years now, and no rips, tears or wear-spots :)

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
hey mat did you get the cloth ones? can you post a pic in this thread please? i was thinking of now actully getting the micrrosuede ones for $50 more, and do these come with the brackets to put them in our car?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Don't worry about brackets -- you can get sliders/brackets from just about anywhere for mounting racing seats, direct bolt on. They cost me $50 for each side from my supplier.

Also, go to a local race shop and try sitting in each of the various seats. Those Reactive seats are uncomfortable as all hell (as Ron) -- the Corbeau's aren't perfect, but they're a lot better than the bricks that the cheap seats feel like...

I went with Recaro seats, myself. Very comfortable -- but very pricey.

E1

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Corbeaus brackets for the Ford Contour fit pretty well (those are the ones I use) and yeah... Even Ron swaped OUT his Ractive ones for daily driving :tongue:

Mine are cloth... not that a picture would help, they just look RED. But yeah, microsuade wasn't around when I bought them 4 years ago.

I'll argue with you on that John! We will have to sit in each others cars next year... I haven't sat it anything my ass and back like more than the corbeaus! lol!

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Sry, my point was more that no racing seats are "comfortable" -- the Corbeau's and Recaro's are about the best things going. I prefer the Recaro's -- but that's mainly due to two factors, #1 they cost 2x as much as the Corbeau's so not many people have them, #2 I get a bigger discount on them making them chaper than Corbeau's for me. =)

E1

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I've got a pair of Netami's (sp) in my car thanks to Predator and I love them already. I just wish they were blue instead of white, but oh well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts