New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I think I am going to give my car a makeover but have a few questions first. I plan on molding the front and rear bumpers and doing alot of shaving around the edges.....

My question is, how well does molding the bumpers deal with the enviroment. The reason I ask is, i have no garage at the moment. The car will be kept outside, but it will be covered. Will the cold temperatures cause the molding to crack?

Also, just how durable is the molding. The car is driven farely easy, ocasionally scraping, nothing hard though. Will just hitting a pothole hard enough cause the molding to crack?

Sorry to sound like such a n00b but I am tyringto get as much information as possible before I decide on what I am going to do.

Thanks,
Frankie

·
Registered
229 Posts
Molding your bumpers looks awesome but if it is daily driven i would not recomend doing the front.The day to day things like potholes and scrapes will cause it to crack ( or at least they did mine) but the rear shouldnt give you any probs save someone hitting it.

Good luck
justin

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
you can do anything you want. Molding is durable as the fiberglass put on it. If you mold the bumpers and hit a hole or pothole hard enough and your bumper scrapes, your looking for trouble. It will not only crack the molding, but will also cause the fenders to pop out. If you have fiberglass fenders, say bye-bye.

·
Registered
228 Posts
nightracer is right i am in the middle of gettin my rear and sides molded and i asked him why he wouldnt mold the front and he told me that if he molded the front with me daily drivin then with all the rock chips and everything he would have to keep undoin the mold and fixin the bumper and replacing it which would be a chit load of work and a lotts $$$ outta my pocket....go with moldin the rear and sides itll look nice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.