New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I know it's definitely the catalytic converter. But I don't feel like dropping 1500 bucks right now!

I have another connection pending right now, but if he can't come through within the week, I'll let you know.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
398 Posts
97+'s are a beotch to fudge the inspection on...they have to use the obd2 scanner which also has the vin number (atleast i think it does) stored in it.

i haven't found one inspection station even willing to entertain the idea...now pre obd2 cars are a different story lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
Actually the OBDII cars are easier to fake a pass on since it is relying on the computer's rediness monitors and not the sniffer. We all know computers aren't always accurate :biggrin:....

I pass inspection just fine without pre-cats. As long as the computer is seeing the signals it needs to keep it happy there isn't a problem.

Mel - Did you get your inspection? Is your problem still the pre-cats?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All taken care of! I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy....

The car is running right now - my mechanic cleaned out the throttle body and replaced the IAC valve a few weeks ago and it's been good ::knock on wood:: However, the CEL is still on. I'm not replacing any of the cats until it's completely necessary.

And hey! No more moosing! I kind of miss it since it's been cold out :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts