New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...here's my question: In the how-to by Spocket, the last section is entitled "Put everything back together". What the how-to doesn't explain is, do you FIRST install the Cougar fuel cup IN the car and THEN attach the Eclipse fuel door to it? The instructions become a bit confusing at that point, because it says to attach the Cougar cup to the new fuel door, and then install the assembly back into the car. This doesn't make sense though, because the Cougar fuel cup must be installed from BEHIND the quarter panel, and the Eclipse fuel door clearly must be installed from the OUTSIDE of the panel. I am assuming that I'm correct in assuming that you install the cup and then attach the door to it, but I just wanted to make sure before I start in on the project and get stuck while trying to put everything back together. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS?
Many Thanks,
Charles

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, well if the Cougar fuel cup has to be removed from the BACK of the fender (quarter-panel), how can you possibly re-install it from the FRONT of the fender??? How would it clear the fuel filler neck and fit around the edges of the fender (quarter panel)?
HELP!
Charles

EDIT: OOOooohhh...hang on here...I think I get it now...looking back at the pictures, the Cougar fuel cup comes out from the FRONT of the fender! When the how-to said to "pull really hard to get it out" I was thinking that he meant pull from the back, since you have to go in from the backside to push in on the tabs that hold it in place...now I see that you push from the back on the tabs, and pull from the FRONT! Okay...answered my own question! Thanks though!

G

·
go and get Jan mustang and modification magazine, in there it have a page of how to install the eclipse fuel cap for mustand and it have almost exactly the same for the cougar so base on that and do it...i think it easier.

jimmii

1 - 5 of 5 Posts