New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Excalibrator 2 that allows user adjustablity by advancing or retarding timing and many other adjustments. I advanced the timing globally or throughout the band by 2 degrees and I heard this knocking sound when idling and accelerating after that. Im assuming the engine is telling me somethings wrong when it makes this noise, what causes this noise?

I since have turned it back to its original tune that ADC did for me and hear no knock so until I can do some datalogging with the updated software I will not mess with the timing again. I would just like to know if anyone knows what that knocking noise means.

David

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I changed it back to the regular tune but this light knocking noise is still there, im not sure what it could be? I dont hear it when the car is in park and rev the engine so doesn't that mean its not the enigine knocking its something else? If I put the car into drive and brake while reving the car too about 1,200rpm I can hear a light knocking but not sure where its coming from. Anyone know what it might be??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.