New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I an auto tranny(yeah I know). I want to know if anyone has gotten or knows about a shift kit or any type of upgrade for the tranny to get better/quicker shifting.

Also, What would everyone suggest I get to start with on my engine upgrades. I have a weapon intake but I dont know what to get next. I would greatly appreciate any responses...

email me if you can. [email protected]
ILNECO southern leader

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Never make any excuses for an ATX...my last car was an ATX...and I'd never say anything bad about it. My 1995 Ford Probe GT ATX, was a bit of an animal. I did toooooo many mods to it, and would've kept going, but with the price of gas rising, and my wonderful 15mpg I was getting (if that) I can't afford it. Plus I wanted a new project. I had a modded Torque Converter, and Recalibrated valvebody done by Level 10 (www.levelten.com) they are the best, no questions asked. Call them up and talk to them. If you got the money you will be very very happy.

About engine mods...Remember ATX's need all the low end power they can get. Your Muffler less set up may be killing your "off the line" power. Either way, getting a tranny cooler will be much help in the long run, and a set of headers for some added umph. So far from what I've read these cars take pretty well to alot of the available mods. I recomend lightening up the car a little if possible to gain back some lost HP from the added tranny weight. I know some people don't like the pulleys offerd for these cars, but on an ATX, freeing up as much power as possible will be a good thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.