New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how...I have a good guess, but I want to make sure I don't turn the wrong bolt.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Do you still have your manual? The process is written there in detail.

Basically, each assembly has 2 white screws that adjusts the horizontal alignment and the vertical alignment, respectively.

The vertical aim has to be adjusted first. If you are on a level surface aiming the headlights would be easy because all you have to do is align the bubble to 0. The horizontal aim works in the same way, although it uses a "vial" instead of a bubble.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The window to view the bubble is on the headlight assembly itself. Pop the hood, you'll see 2 caution stickers on each side. It's right next to those.....right where there's a red sticker with an L on the driver's side headlight and an R on the passenger's side.

It's in plain view. Maybe you're looking too hard.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I believe that the easiest tool to use to ajust them is a t-handle allen head wrench size 6mm. I believe the one closest to the outside of the car is vertical for the low beam. The inside(Closest to the grill)is for horizontal movement. Start close to a wall , mark with tape, then back up 30ft or so and see how far off it is. Adjust again accordingly.

·
Registered
426 Posts
do what i did when i got HID's park near a wall....on even pavement and adjust accordingly....Just make sure you dont set em too high or poeple in front of you will be pissed that you'r what looks to them as highbeaming them

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Wow, way to bump a 5 year old thread.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I always forget that whole date thing....is that a record?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts