New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to buy paint for the car. I was told you need to look at the label inside the driver side door. When you look above EXTERIOR PAINT COLOR there will be a 2 letter code. Mine states HL. When I called the paint guy up and he looked in his catalog, he said HL means LAZER RED. EZ means Rio Red. However, I'm about 95% positive that mine is Rio Red although it states HL.

Would anyone mind looking at the label inside their door to confirm which is which? I'd really hate to buy the wrong color.

Much appreciated.

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
yep man that is HL and laser red

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for the tips. I'd still like to see 1 or 2 more Rio Red owners confirm that the label on their door states EZ.

I guess I have been brainwashed all these years into thinking mine is Rio Red. :mad: I could have sworn that even my car title states Rio Red, but I will have to look for that tomorrow. Also I thought that Lazer Red was more of an orangy red.

If someone else can let me know, that would be appreciated. That way I don't look foolish changing the caption of my car for sale from rio red to Lazer Red.:rolleyes:

Go SOX '07!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Its no orangy... its just a metalic multi layer red. Where as Rio Red is more of a basic solid red.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
have fun getting paint, the laser red is more expensive than rio red...laser red is a tri-coat

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Yep, Rio Red paint code is EZ. Check the link in my sig for pics of rio red. Laser red can look orangy at times, and can look a little pinky at times too because of the metal flake in the in paint. But it is not to be confused with Autumn orange which looks kind of similar to laser red at times, but Autumn orange look orangy all the time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The paint

have fun getting paint, the laser red is more expensive than rio red...laser red is a tri-coat
Fordrule, So sad but true. I called a few places and the price is thru the roof! Guess I'll have to stick with the $12 Mascara tube you get from the dealer to cover up the small spot. :mad:

Nad: Nice car! How many Roushes were there made in '99? Good luck with the sale!

ALL: Thanks for the help on this one. Looks like I'll be changing the caption on my car for sale. The years of brainwashing with Rio Red are now over. I am now deprogrammed and am a Lazer guy!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: The paint

Fordrule, So sad but true. I called a few places and the price is thru the roof! Guess I'll have to stick with the $12 Mascara tube you get from the dealer to cover up the small spot. :mad:

Nad: Nice car! How many Roushes were there made in '99? Good luck with the sale!

ALL: Thanks for the help on this one. Looks like I'll be changing the caption on my car for sale. The years of brainwashing with Rio Red are now over. I am now deprogrammed and am a Lazer guy!
Sorry you didn't know sooner!

·
5,315 Posts
Just an FYI, but Rio Red is a tri-coat too.

I've owned both, my 99 was Rio, my 01 is Laser Red :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.