New Cougar Forum banner

Question for a canadian about laws

1K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  EricF 
#1 ·
I live in good old saskatchewan here and was just end a question answered to stop a dispute between me and a few friends.
Is nos legal in canada? Because a guy here had nos in his car and the rcmp started ripping it out on the street. They did some damage while they were at it. we watched them do it then got into a huge arguement about it being legal or not. We are pretty sure what the police did was wrong but We wanna know if nos is legal.

#2 ·
Calling nitrous oxide "NOS" should be illegal! :loser: HAHA! Just playing! Anyways, no, its not illegal to have, its just illegal to use or have hooked up in your car. You can have a bottle in your trunk, full, as long as its in no way shape or form hooked into the engine, you're fine.

#3 ·
yeah, its very questionable... some cops will rip it out, others will just give you a hard time...

its easier NOT to have it all together, and if you MUST - hide it somehow, don't advertise it.
the cops have to have SOME kinda reason to search your car- dont GIVE them one by having a big nitrous sticker on the window, or a bottle in the back seat.

#5 ·
... good point.

i guess you can just become like one of tha icy hot stuntaz - or do what all the rappers on MTV do - wear massive gold chains that hang down to your knees, get diamonds in your teeth and talk about how many bitches and hoe's wanna shizzle on yer nizzle :rofl: :tongue:

#6 ·
Originally posted by: joemamaTypeR
Originally posted by: ND4SPD

the cops have to have SOME kinda reason to search your car- dont GIVE them one by having a big nitrous sticker on the window, or a bottle in the back seat.
But how else are you supposed to show off the fact that you spent money?
By letting them see your tail lights in a race. They will know that you put money into your car when a "stock" cougar spanks them. I think that it is actually better to not have nitrous advertised... I joke around with a guy that lives near me about racing. He has a newer trans-am and actually thinks that I would beat him so he always declines the race!!! He is like - "Man, you have that nitrous stuff hooked up... and I haven't done anyhting to my car, so I can't mess with that!" I think that he has watched FnF too many times... Even with the spray I don't have as much HP as him! I want to run with him to see how badly I get beat though... I get more pleasure out of seeing if I can keep up with much faster cars than by embarrasing a little civic... I was playing around with a 5.0 with big racing slicks on the freeway two days ago... Of course I got stomped, but it was fun to see how much I could keep up with him!

Also, I had no idea that they could rip your bottle out of the car right on the street! I would think that they would just give you a fix it ticket or something... Maybe drain the bottle... If they just ripped it out your car wouldn't even run! You would have to re-run all the fuel lines and electrical wires that you tapped into for the install. If a cop ever decided to start tearing my kit out without any regards for my car's well being I would probably go to jail for assaulting an officer! They would cause serious damage by just grabbing the bottle and pulling it out!

#8 ·
Originally posted by: BrantlyJ
are you allowed to do anything fun in Canada. damn, makes me glad to be living in the USA

How many road tales from Americans on here start off with "damn cops!!" - and all that happend was they got yelled at about having something as little as a stereo too loud, or they were out too late and looked 'suspicious' - MINOR problems right?
or even that one guy who had a punk throw pennies at his cougar - he chased down the kid, pulled him over, ripped the keys out of the car and waited for the cops to arrest the kid, who then threatened to have his 'gang' get him...

Well... its stories like THOSE that make me glad to be living in Canada :tongue:

#9 ·
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
are you allowed to do anything fun in Canada. damn, makes me glad to be living in the USA

How many road tales from Americans on here start off with "damn cops!!" - and all that happend was they got yelled at about having something as little as a stereo too loud, or they were out too late and looked 'suspicious' - MINOR problems right?
or even that one guy who had a punk throw pennies at his cougar - he chased down the kid, pulled him over, ripped the keys out of the car and waited for the cops to arrest the kid, who then threatened to have his 'gang' get him...

Well... its stories like THOSE that make me glad to be living in Canada :tongue:
the KIDS that get hassled from the cops probably deserved it or did something to provoke them. personally I have never had a problem with cops and I'm glad they are there to keep the peace. It's called respect.

As for the penny guy. there are a-holes everywhere. I'm sure it happens in Canada as well.

#12 ·
Originally posted by: Gary
Yeah, Canada sucks...I wish I could move to the States.

Oh yeah, just heard that Americans are allowed to carry 9mm's with them....right on!...must be safe in the States.
I need a roomate. come on down lol.

Not all states your allowed to carry but in many if you go though all the proper paperwork you are allowed to carry.

#13 ·
omg, heh, noooo, i'd rather NOT have everyone allowed to carry a gun there Gary! :tongue:

people now a days are SOO unpredictable, i honestly don't think i would leave the house, and especially not go driving... heh, roadrage + guns = noo thank you! :)

G
#14 ·
heh, DAMN COPS!

in the past 2 years ive had 2 wreckless driving, excessive speeding, running stopsign, speeding, improper takeoff.. wanted endangerment (threatened anyway)

last year about 14 months ago or so i was cruising along about 135 on my bike, sadly didnt notice the cop behind me and so i kept going, oops he had called in a road block and everything but i stopped before then and so he handcuffed me and i went to jail!

fun fun =)

G
#16 ·
well.. some of them i get dropped.. i pay about 220 full cov on car per month and liability on the bike.. i work in all the courthouses in my area as an employee of paralegals so i know a few people (andi coach the coutny attorneys son in soccer).. but i am always on driving probation which isnt bad most of the time (ticket is cleared but if in chance get another within 6 months of the incident both go against you) and of course i have had a couple cleared like this... and also since the attorneys dont send information to insurance groups most of the time as long as it is quiet and you dont change plans or have a history check run they will never find it.. there is also 2 different searches they can run on you 3 year search they can do at any time they wish to bring up your driving history.. and the 5 year they need your signature to read, sometimes they make you sign this to get insurance so they can check but not in all cases... something along these lines anyway and since me and my father split insurance and have everything under the insurance company.. we get moderate discounts being house and 5 cars

#18 ·
Originally posted by: Gary
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
I would like to live in Canadia.

Are there a lot of half asian folks up there? lol
There are some! This one chick that goes to my University....daaammnn....half asian half white....she be lookin' good!
Too bad ya won't be HITTIN' any of dat anytime soon now that you've SOLD YOUR COUGAR! :slap: :banghead: :cry:

heheh! j/k :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.