New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALright, I just put a switch on my red glow stick in the front of my car, however, It was a pain in the ass to get the wire from the engine into the inside of my car for the switch. I had to run it along the door frame basically. Are there any holes from the engine that go into the inside of the car? I was unable to find one.. However I removed nothing, and only searched for about 30 mins.. But.. Can you all help me?

Thx alot I appreciate it.
Boss J (FL NECO)

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
when i ran the wire for my system i had to drill a hole through the fire wall. i had to drill it right behind and abovethe hood pop.,, there is a very thin piece of firewall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the firewall, in the driver side about one foot in and one and a half feet down you will see a round rubber cover, if you take that one off you will see a big hole and let the wire running through the rubber cover and replace it back. that where i run my eight gauge power wire to the amp in the trunk.

jimmii

jimmii

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a 2001 mtx and I couldn't find a whole in my firewall, I had to run my 4 guage through the driver side fender down the door jamb to where there is a grommet right near the fuel reset switch. It was easy, I just ran it all the way back under the trim once inside.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a 99 MTX and went through the rubber stopper on the drivers side of the engine bay and then drilled a hole into the cabin from where the windshield wiper mechanism is. I basically took off the windshield wipers and the plastic cover and drilled. The wires enter the cabin just "north" of the clutch pedal. Hope it helps.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts