New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to just get the headers without the y-pipe....

i emailed marty a week ago and i havent gotten a reply, and ive called twice in the past week and no one answers....
does anyone know if i can just buy the headers? if so how much are they?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
u cannot buy just the headers, they come as a set. you may be able to sell the y for ~$150 to someone

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I'm wondering why you'd want the headers without the Y-pipe- If it's 'cause you like the design of the SHOShop pipe or some other system better, note for a minute why Marty designed the Y-pipe the way he did- The loop is there for a reason- Pressure equalization. The long front pipe is free flowing, true, but it's a longer distance to travel (which creates flow resistance). So, to make up for the difference in travel distance, he puts in a bend. The SHOShop pipe versus MSDS pipe dyno results were posted a while back- Turns out the MSDS was better.

Besides- Marty won't warrant the headers without his own Y-pipe attached.

·
Registered
254 Posts
you CAN buy the headers alone if you want to... but, if you're looking for a different y-pipe like the brullen or something, it would probably be better to go ahead and get the MSDS y-pipe anyway.

If you get the y-pipe with the headers it is much cheaper than buying it by itself... so you could sell it to a NECO member for a profit and put that money towards a different y-pipe. But, like dan said, other y-pipes may void the warranty on your headers...

edit: make sure you're calling marty during normal business hours, you might be an hour off due to time zone differences... I've never had any problems getting through to him, and he got back to me pretty quickly if I left him a voicemail :shrug:

Jess

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan i understand the bend is there for pressure equalization, but i heard that the brullen y-pipe is better, and it has equal length runners too.....

ill just buy the set and see which y-pipe i like better, then selll the y-pipe that i dont keep.........thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts