New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is pretty basic....i hope...

on your odometer and fuel gauges screens...the led.... when you take em apart..the little screen that's inside them....the ones your scratch the green coating off of when you change the screen color.

is there anything else i can use in place of those screens that will work just as well?

when i changed the color once i accidentally cut a sliver of that screen off...now when my screen lights up...a little sliver of light shows through and drives me insane?

man i hope this made sense...i will clarify if not.... anyone gimme a hand on this??

thanks folks...:bowdown:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
someone was selling a set in the forsale section. for dirt cheap!

here

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
hahha, obsessive compulsive... just like me :biggrin:

i had the same problem... i could see the light from behind shine though just a WEEEEEE bit... it bugged me so much that i took apart the whole dash and just moved the screen over a bit... its all good now :)

and ya- seth to the rescue :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh...definetely obsessive compulsive...tryin to find a therapist right now...lol....

i tried that trick already with movin the screen around...problem is...i cut it just short enough that no matter how i wiggle it around...or which way i place it now...a little light still shines though...ughhh

didn't wanna buy a whole new set unless i had to... just wondered if there's a similar material i could cut and fashion to fix the problem... :cover:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts