New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I pulled out the dead switches in the dash to see what it would take to hook them up to my neon's (fairly easy)

I was kind of suprised when I found 3 of the 4 switches were wired in. My alarm and rear defrost were hooked up, the switch next to the alarm was wired as well. The switch doesn't work, but does anyone know what it is supposed to be for?:confused:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Thats for traction control. Only cars equipped with TC will actually have a working button.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
ive thought about doing what you did also. but i havent yet. you said its really easy to do? if you have any tips or anything, let me know, and i might just be goin this soon! thanks

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
...a how to that's not very easy to follow as the pictures have been removed...

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
You shouldn't need pictures - the how-to is very straight forward, and explains everything you need to do. I used it with no problems whatsoever. Sometimes it just takes a little imagination and effort. (and I don't mean that sarcastically or to be nasty)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
It didn't seem too bad when i read it. But for some people that have a hard time imagining things sometimes, like me, pictures help out a ton. Mayble i'll pull the buttons off my car and reread it and see if i understand it any better. The biggest problem i'm having now is finding a switch. I can't find any that fett used, and without knowing what it looks like in the first place, i can't really find a different type switch to use.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
There are 2 different unique approaches to this problem.

1) Leave you existing "dead" buttons and drill through them and mount your own switches

2) Buy the European button panel replacement where all 3 of the right switches are "functional" and you'll need to use a small circuit to hook up to them so that when you push the button, the momentary contact will translate to an "on" or "off" state. I did it this way for my navigation system and built them for Hamill and one other guy I sold one to at Cougarfest in the summer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have TC but my buttons missing!!! WTF?!?!?! damn ford lol... can i just grab a deadbutton panel with the TC button on it and swap them? any help on this would be great.. i hate when the damn TC comes on... oh well thanks in advance to whomever has the answers lol!
-jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts