New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Sams club is selling Remote Starters for like $ 48 with a vido tape on how to install em. Is that a good deal, and how hard is it to install one of those?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
most of the time they arent too bad. is it with an aftermarket alarm, cuz thats when it gets confusing specially if u have added things done with ur alarm. such as window rollup/down.
if it comes iwth a vid u shouldnt have a problem, just follow step by step.

·
Registered
163 Posts
ok my opinion on them is that they are great to have but unless you know alot about the cougar's electrical system, i would suggest having it put in professionally or have someone that know alot about them help you. I say this because when i put mine in we ran into a ton of problems and i took for ever to put on. I put on a Autostart remote start with Alarm on though.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I believe those starters are probably the same ones they sell at wal-mart for $45 (bulldog).. It's the first mod I've ever done to any car. It's simple if you have assorted connectors and stuff, but a Pain if you try and use their electrical tape and blade to splice and tap wires.. it tells you to go to the website to get the specific wire diagram for your car. It'll tell you where the wire you need to tap is, and what color it will be. Very simple stuff. My mom still uses the one I put on her car 2 years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts