New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size allan wrench do I need to take the calipers off?
any good sugested way of doing it?

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
627 Posts
allen wrench???

i dont recall using an allen wrench anytime i changed my rear discs.........its a very simple job changing the pads tho. dont be sceered.

·
Registered
810 Posts
for the rear pads you have to pull the pin that holds the pads in place. It is all hinged in the back and I am pretty sure it was a standard socket to pull the bolts to get the rotor off. The front is an allen don't remember what size sorry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
To remove rear pads. Remove small lock pin from the long pin that runs from out to in locking the moveable caliper part in place. Gently knock this long pin out. Pry up the closure. Hold it up. Now both pads can be easily removed. Remember to turn the piston in before installing new pads. Use vise grips gently or needle nose pliers.

If installing new rotors, the fixed in place part is held there by two positioning pins ( bolts ) They are not allen wrench, they are a size 55 torx bit. remove both pins, then this brake part, then the rotor. The rotor may have two snap washers on two wheel lugs. Take them off. They likely will break. No worry, they really are not needed.

·
Registered
810 Posts
When you take off the bolts it should swing up off the rotor not like the fronts that come off completely.

·
Registered
102 Posts
use a t-50 take off the grey cap unscrew bolt(t-50) then swing(knock) up the harness (assuming you pulled the pin out) there's 2 t-50 screws to be taken out........I did it for the 1st time a few days and i notice in a lot of post people say use C-CLAMP.......FALSE INFO......for the rear you need a piston tool to screw the piston in so you can put the pads in....the rest is very simple rotors slide off do all in reverse and your done....and if you did not use sensor pads the light will stay on(at least mine did any help with that is well appreciated)......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.